How do I get a copy of my honorable discharge?
If you have previously brought your discharge papers into the courthouse to have them registered with the County Recorders Office, then you may request a certified copy through the Veteran Service Office. All recorded discharges are now considered private documents under state law and they are available only to the veteran or the veteran's next of kin. Call our office at 507-934-7870, at least 1 day ahead of time so we can arrange for a certified copy to be printed for you. You may also request a copy by emailing our office.

Show All Answers

1. Can I sign up to get my prescriptions from the VA?
2. Is there transportation available to the VA Medical Center in Minneapolis?
3. What are your office hours?
4. Are there local doctors I can see for my care instead of traveling to the VA Medical Centers?
5. I was injured while I was on active duty. How do I get help with my medical needs for that injury?
6. What benefits do I get from my active duty service?
7. How do I get a copy of my honorable discharge?