Modification of County Services
Starting May 26, the Nicollet County Government Center reopened to the public. A limited number of people will be allowed in the building at one time. While in the building social distancing guidelines must be followed.
County Administrator Ryan Krosch stated, “We have made several modifications to the public spaces in the Government Center to assure we can safely provide services to County residents. Residents are asked to be patient as there will likely be waiting lines for some services provided.”
If you have a court case scheduled in Nicollet County District Court, call (507) 934-7850 to determine if your case will be heard in person or remotely.
Efforts will be made to accommodate remote appearances for every scheduled hearing. Some hearings must be held in person but you will be notified if your hearing is being held in person or remotely and you will be provided with instructions if you must attend remotely.
PLEASE NOTE: If you must visit the Nicollet County Courthouse, please be aware of the following changes:
- You will be required to wear a mask or face covering. Please bring one with you. If you choose not to wear a mask, you may be asked to leave and this will be deemed to be non-appearance on your part if you have a hearing or court administration staff may not be able to assist you if are here to do other business.
- The courthouse is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. The entrance located on Mulberry Street should be used to access the building if you need to do business in person.
- Court filings can be submitted through US Mail to Court Administration, 501 So Minnesota Ave, St. Peter MN 56082
- Court filings can be submitted through the Minnesota electronic filing system or EFS, see www.mncourts.gov for more information regarding electronic filing.
You may contact court administration by email at 5thNicolletCourtAdmin@courts.state.mn.us.
We are taking extra measures to sanitize and clean court facilities to ensure a safe experience and these measures should not adversely affect a litigant’s case in any way.
Health and Human Services
Health and Human Services staff are available to complete the majority of services through phone, e-mail and virtual meetings as needed. Limited walk-in lobby services (ex. requesting copies of documents, computer access to print documents for case management or using our loan closet services) are available by appointment through No Wait Inside. You can use these links to set up a lobby appointment:
Please contact your worker or call Health and Human Services at 507-934-8559 and you will be directed to the correct worker or services.
Power Up Clubhouse is temporarily closed with in person activities at parks planned monthly. Please call 507-934-4444 or visit https://www.sccbi.info/clubhouse/powerup/ for more information.
Loan Closet services are available by appointment only. Please call 507-934-8559 to set up an appointment and to fill out paperwork over the phone.
Nicollet County Probation will remain open for the purpose of participating in Court hearing obligations, to address immediate public safety needs, and to enforce Court orders.
Persons who have business with probation that does not require entry into the Courthouse may reach us by phone: 507-934-7882 or by U.S. Mail: 501 South Minnesota Ave, St. Peter, MN 56082 or by emailing Director Rich Molitor: email@example.com.
Property Services will be available to process the following land use inquiries and items via phone, email, mail and in person:
- Zoning Permits
- Variance/Conditional Use Permit/Replat/Rezone Applications
- Septic System Permits
- Wetland Related Permits
Payment can be made by check, cash, or credit card that includes a convenience fee.
In the event that an on-site visit is warranted, and reasonable means of verification have been exhausted, we will take extreme caution to make that visit. Social distancing guidelines will be utilized.
Questions can be directed to 507-934-7070.
The following guidelines are in place for the License Center:
- Limit one person per transaction.
- A limited number of people will be allowed inside the building. Be prepared to possibly wait outside if we are at capacity inside.
- Driver’s license transactions will cut off for the day at 3:45 pm.
- We are still encouraging people to continue to do transactions by mail or use our drop box at the Health and Human Services Building.
- If you are renewing a driver’s license, please apply online at www.dps.mn.gov before coming in.
- The Real ID deadline has been extending to October 1, 2021.
- Expect long wait lines, please be patient!
All driver’s license written and road tests will be completed in Mankato. Please call the Mankato Exam Station for scheduling needs at 507-344-2799 or visit www.dps.mn.gov for more information.
Public Services Contact Information:
Nicollet County Public Services
501 S Minnesota Ave
St Peter MN 56082
Title researchers and passport applicants are by appointment only.
Questions can be directed to Nicollet County Recorder’s Office at 507-934-7320 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org