Adult and disability services

Adult Services

The Adult Services unit provides various programs and services for adult residents of Nicollet County. Among these are services for:

Social Services Intake

Nicollet County Human Services Intake provides an entry point for all offered social services. This includes:
  • Adult Mental Health
  • Child Protective Services
  • Children's Mental Health
  • Disability Services
  • Minor Parent Services

They will also provide information and referral services to those seeking community resources such as anger management classes and parent education classes.

Nicollet County Intake can not help someone gain custody of their children during a divorce or separation. This also includes relatives seeking custody of children when the children are not part of a current child protection case. Child custody is a matter handled by family court and most persons would need an attorney to help with this process. Forms for family court matters can be found on the Minnesota Judicial Website.

Individuals with questions about community resources or needing agency services may contact an intake worker by phone at 507-386-4528. 

If you need to report suspected maltreatment of vulnerable adults, please call 844-880-1574. This is a toll-free number available 24/7.