A passport applicant may renew through the mail provided you meet the following criteria:
- You can submit your most recent passport.
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued.
- You were issued your most recent passport less than 15 years ago.
- Your name is the same as on your most recent passport; or your name was changed through marriage or court order and you can submit proper original documentation (certified copies) to reflect your name change.
You must then complete the Passport Renewal Form DS-82 (PDF) and the following:
- A recent color photograph as specified on the DS-82 Form.
- A check or money order in the amount of $130 payable to "U.S. Department of State".
Submitting Your Application
Enclose all of the above items in an envelope together with your most recent passport and mail to:
National Passport Processing Center
P.O. Box 640155
Irving, TX 75064-0155
For current processing times, please visit the U.S. Department of State website,
If you will need your passport in less than 6 weeks, you may be eligible to expedite your passport renewal. Please inquire at our office about this procedure.