Nicollet County's Loan Closet provides a public service for people needing durable medical equipment (DME) and either residing in or owning property in Nicollet County.
Equipment is loaned on a short-term basis not to exceed 6 months. Due to high demand, knee walkers and wheelchairs have a loan period not to exceed 3 months.
- Bed Rail and Bed Tables
- Knee Scooter
- Reacher / Grabber
- Shoe Horns, Sock Aids, Dressing Aids
- Standard and Seated Walkers
- Toilet Seat Handles
- Toilet Seat Risers (with & without handles)
- Transfer Bench and Shower Chairs
- Tub Grab Bar and Tub Handles
Note: It is possible that an item could be out of stock. Contact Nicollet County Health and Human Services to inquire about equipment availability.
Since some of the items in the Loan Closet have been donated after being used by institutions or individuals, Nicollet County Health & Human Services makes no express or implied warranties or guarantees as to the condition of the equipment being loaned.
There will be a deposit required when loaning out equipment. The deposit fee is required as a condition of the loan for Nicollet County residents. If equipment is kept longer than the loan period, the original deposit will be forfeited and a 2nd deposit will be required.
We accept cash or check for deposit fees.
|Equipment Type||Deposit per item|
|Wheelchair or Knee Walkers||$25|
|Cane or Crutches||$5|
|Dressing Aid Equipment||$5|
|All other medical equipment||$10|
Deposits may be refunded if the equipment is returned clean, on time and in good condition.
Monetary donations are appreciated and are used to maintain and continue the service. If you have equipment that you are no longer in need of, we are able to take donations! Please call our office to discuss if your items fall within our guidelines.
Long-Term Equipment Need
When equipment needs are likely to be long-term, insurance may cover the costs of purchasing equipment from a medical supply store if insurance guidelines are met and there is a written prescription from a physician. During the 6-month loan period, you are encouraged to contact your physician to determine if your equipment needs may qualify for reimbursement from insurance.
Looking to rent equipment?
- Call 507-934-8559 or visit us at the Health and Human Services building at 622 S Front St in St. Peter
- Must be a resident of Nicollet County or own property in Nicollet County
- Name, address and phone number are needed to check out equipment
- A deposit is requested based on item(s) at time of pick-up
- When items are returned, the deposit can be donated to the Loan Closet or returned to you if equipment remained in good condition and was returned on time (Note: all items must be returned to receive deposit)
- Equipment can be loaned for 6 months, UNLESS the item is a wheelchair or knee scooter which can be loaned for maximum of 3 months