Public Health

Nicollet County Public Health works to improve the health of all county residents by addressing the social and environmental factors that impact their health and offering programs and services that help them to be healthy. 

 Nicollet County public health programs and services include: 

Adult Community Health Survey

A limited number of randomly selected Nicollet County addresses received a postcard invitation to complete our anonymous online survey in late 2022 and early 2023. The survey is one important way we are able to hear directly from residents about conditions that influence the health and quality of life of our community. Results will be shared with community partners, used to inform our Community Health Assessment, and direct ongoing programmatic work. 
ACHS Postcard

Adolescent Chemical Wellness Advocates (ACWA) Coalition

ACWA exists to prevent youth substance abuse in Nicollet County. The coalition received a Drug-Free Communities (DFC) Grant in 2022. The DFC Support Program is the nation’s leading effort to mobilize communities to prevent and reduce substance use among youth. Created in 1997 by the Drug-Free Communities Act, administered by the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), and managed through a partnership between ONDCP and CDC, the DFC program provides grants to community coalitions to strengthen the infrastructure among local partners to create and sustain a reduction in local youth substance use.Visit ACWA's website to learn how to get involved.

Reporting Natural or Man-Made Emergencies

To report a natural or man-made emergency that may have serious public health consequences for the community, call the Minnesota Department of Health Emergency Operations at 651-201-5735.

Reporting Infectious Diseases

Physicians reporting an infectious disease, call 651-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414.

Reporting Foodborne Illness

To report a foodborne illness call the Brown-Nicollet Environmental Health office at: 507-934-7089 or the Minnesota Foodborne Illness Hotline at 1-877-366-3455.