- Your Government
- Property & Public Services
- Tri-County Solid Waste
Tri-County Solid Waste
Tri-County Solid Waste assists residents, businesses, and communities in Le Sueur, Nicollet, and Sibley counties (in southern Minnesota) to efficiently handle their waste streams. View Nicollet County Recycling and Solid Waste for the Regional Household Hazardous Waste Facility and Recycling Center hours, along with other local recycling and disposal options.
To view the meeting schedule of the Tri-County Solid Waste Joint Powers Board, click here: 2023 Tri-County Solid Waste Quarterly Meeting Dates
To view the approved Tri-County 2023 Budget, click here Version OptionsTri-County Solid WasteHeadline.
Learn More About Recycling:
- 2022 Greenpeace US Recycling Report: Recyclables vs. Non-Recyclables
- Chasing Arrows: The Truth About Recycling
- Don't Put THIS in your Recycling Bin
- What is Organics Recycling?
- Construction Demolition and Landfill Recycling YouTube Video
- Dem-Con Materials Recovery
- Dem-Con.com - More Ways to Recycle
- Nicollet County Waste Wizard
2023 Household Hazardous Waste Facility
Winter Hours - Nicollet & Le Sueur County Residents
The Blue Earth County household hazardous waste facility (located at 651 Summit Avenue in Mankato) will be open for limited winter hours beginning Tuesday, January 3rd. It will be open for material drop-off only on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 pm – 4 pm during the months of January and February. The product reuse area will not be open during winter hours. The facility will be closed for the month of March. The facility will reopen for the regular 2023 hours on Tuesday, April 4th .
Proof of residency (license, utility bill, tax document) will be required upon arrival. The HHW Facility accepts household wastes free of charge from area residents. Examples of items include paint, household cleaners, yard and garden products, certain automotive products, caulking material, fluorescent bulbs, and aerosols. Please store any hazardous materials (including latex paint) in a warm area during the winter months to ensure they do not freeze. More information can be found here Version OptionsTri-County Solid WasteHeadline.
Disposal Options - Sibley County Residents
Sibley County residents have two (2) options for hazardous waste disposal at the following locations:
- The McLeod County hazardous waste facility located at 1065 5th Avenue SE, Hutchinson, MN 55350. Drop off hours are M-F from 8 am to 4 pm. More information can be found here.
- The Scott County hazardous waste facility located at 588 Country Trail E, Jordan, MN 55352. Drop off hours are Wednesday - 12 pm to 6 pm, Thursday - 12 pm to 4 pm & Saturday 8 am to 12 pm. More information can be found here.
Where can you properly dispose of...?
- Ag bags
- Auto parts and tires
- Electronics @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Hazardous waste
- Rural recycling
- Sharps @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>