Follow Along Program
About the Program
The Follow Along Program helps you know if your child is playing, talking, growing, and acting like other children the same age. Babies and young children grow and learn at their own rate. Some children, however, need special help to grow up healthy and learn skills such as sitting, walking, or talking. The Follow Along Program can help you know if this is true for your child. There is no cost for the program.
The Follow Along Program is:
- A good way to learn about your child's health and development
- A fun way to get ideas about what to teach and at what age to teach it
- A simple way to ask questions about how your child is hearing, moving, seeing, playing, talking, learning, growing, and acting
- An easy way to find out about other services you may want for your child
- A professional, most often a nurse, may visit with you to tell you more about the program and find out more about your child. You will be asked to sign a permission form.
- Questionnaires are sent to you when your child reaches different ages such as 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 30, and 36 months old. Each questionnaire asks how your child is growing, playing, talking, moving, and action. At 12 months, you will also be sent a Social Emotional Questionnaire to assist in evaluating your child in these areas.
- Fun activity sheets will be provided for you to do with your child or other age appropriate items are also sent to you.
- The results of the questionnaires will be shared with you. If there are any concerns, a nurse from the program will get in touch with you. Together you can talk about choices for further evaluation or early help services.
- After your child is 36 months old, you will get information about the next step, Early Childhood Screening.
Any questions? or to enroll in the Follow Along Program contact Cindy Rasmussen at 507-934-7226 or Email.