Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
About the Program....
WIC is a nutrition education program that helps families eat well and stay healthy. The program provides support and help with breastfeeding, one-on-one counseling about nutrition, vouchers to buy healthy foods, and nutrition education.
- Keep scheduled appointments: Call the WIC office if you need to cancel your appointment and reschedule.
- Common courtesy: Treat WIC and store staff with respect and courtesy.
- Honesty: Always provide accurate information to the WIC staff. If you hide facts to get WIC benefits, you may be taken off the program.
- We check to see if mom and/or child are eligible for WIC.
- Mom and/or child have their weight, height, and hemoglobin measured. Hemoglobin is measured by just a quick finger stick.
- WIC health professionals talk to mom about good nutrition and healthy eating for their family.
- If eligible, WIC vouchers will be issued.
- Mom is informed of next voucher pickup where she will learn more about good nutrition for the family.
- You are unable to keep your next appointment
- You have questions about nutrition or breastfeeding
- Your vouchers are lost or stolen
- Your name, address, or phone number changes
- You have comments or concerns as your feedback is important to us
Locating a WIC Clinic
To find the nearest clinic in Minnesota, call 1-800-942-4030.
Nicollet County's primary WIC clinic is located in the Health and Human Services Building, 622 S. Front St., St. Peter, MN 56082. Nicollet County also provides WIC services in our North Mankato location, 2070 Howard Drive every Tuesday of the month. The WIC office is closed on Fridays. For assistance, call 507-934-8262.