Duties & Responsibilities
The mission and purpose of Nicollet County Public Health is to promote, protect, and preserve the health of county residents by offering:
Public Health Education
The public is invited to contact Public Health to learn more about:
- Promoting healthy communities and healthy behaviors
- Preventing the spread of infectious disease
- Preparing for and responding to disasters and assisting communities in recovery
- Assuring the quality and accessibility of healthy services
- Maintaining an adequate local public health infrastructure
Reporting Health Illnesses & Emergencies
If you are ill, contact your health care provider. To report an emergency, call 911.
Reporting Natural or Man-Made Emergencies
To report a natural or man-made emergency that may have serious public health consequences for the community, call the Minnesota Department of Health Emergency Operations at 651-201-5735.
Reporting Infectious Diseases
Physicians reporting an infectious diseases, call 651-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414.
Reporting Foodborne Illness
To report a Foodborne Illness call the Brown-Nicollet Environmental Health office at:
507-934-4140 or the Minnesota Foodborne Illness Hotline at 1-877-366-3455.
How to protect yourself from mosquito bites...
Use a safe and effective mosquito repellent:
* Wear mosquito repellent containing DEET.
(CAUTION: insect repellent is very harmful for infants under two months of age.)
* Follow the product label and reapply as directed.
* Wash off repellents when you return indoors.
Wear loose fitting, light colored, long sleeved shirts and pants:
* Head nets can also be used in areas with high mosquito populations.
Avoid outdoor activity, if possible, or be sure to wear repellent during peak mosquito feeding times:
* Dawn and Dusk are peak times; however mosquito can bite at any time of the day.
**Information taken from the Minnesota Department of Health website. visit: MDH @ http://www.health.state.mn.us